If you just got a new phone number, you may need to make some changes in the settings of the apps you are using. This goes only for the apps that require a phone number. One of the apps that will require the change is Viber Changing the phone number is made simple and easy since the v. 7.3 update. This means that you can switch numbers and keep your Viber account with contacts and all. If you are not sure how to change a phone number on Viber, we are here to assist you. Here, you can find a quick guide with all the steps required.
How to change a number on Viber
- Open Viber app on your mobile device
- Next, click on the “More” option located in the bottom-right corner of the app
Now tap Settings
- Tap Account
- Next, tap on Change phone number
- You can choose to backup your history
- When the next screen shows up, enter your new phone number
- Now tap Continue
The next step is easy as well. You will have to verify your new number. Once you enter the number and click Continue, a code will be sent to your number or you may receive a hang-up call. The second option is for Android users only. When you get an SMS with a code, enter the code when prompted. Your new phone number is now verified, and you can continue using Viber.