Looking for Create a Bootable USB drive/Windows Installation media for Windows Upgrade Or Clean installation Purpose? Also Some Times We Require a Bootable USB / Media To Access Advanced Startup option to fix windows Startup problems. There are various ways to Create a Bootable USB drive, This post we cover how To create a Bootable USB using official Media Creation Tool. Also how Create a Bootable USB drive using third party application Rufus.
How To Create a Bootable USB drive
To create a USB Bootable drive For Windows 10 First We Need A USB Flash Drive (At least 8GB, And make sure USB drive is Empty or Backup your USB Drive Data). Also, Require Windows 10 ISO files. Otherwise, if you use media Creation Tool then Make Sure you have Stable Internet Connection.
First Download The Windows 10 ISO 64 bit and 32 bit (As your require). If you are looking for creating Bootable USB using media Creation Tool no need to download Windows 10 ISO direct jump to this.
Using Windows USB / DVD Download Tool
First Download Windows USB / DVD Download Tool & Install it on your computer.
- After finishing its installation, Simply Run it.
- It requires ISO image file of the windows.
- Click Browse and Select the ISO image.
- Then click next, and select the USB Drive,
- Also, you Can Select DVD (which you want for bootable purpose),
- Now Click being Copying to start the process,
- This will warn to erase/format the USB Drive before makes it bootable click yes and proceed.
- The process will take a while.
- Wait a while until you see the Bootable USB device created successfully.
- Then After you can use this bootable USB / DVD for windows installation purpose.
Using Rufus Tool
Also you can use the third party utility Rufus tool, which allows you to easily create a Bootable USB drive with Flew steps.
- First Download Rufus from the official site.
- Then Double-click the Rufus-x.xx.exe file to Run the tool.
- Here Under “Devices,” select the USB drive with at least 8GB of space.
- Then Under “Partition scheme and target system type,” select the GPT partition scheme for UEFI option from the drop-down menu.
- Next Under “File system” and “Cluster size,” leave the default settings.
- And On “New volume label,” type a descriptive label for the drive.
- Next Under “Format Options,” check the Create a bootable disk using “ISO image”option.
- Now Click on the drive icon and Select the Windows 10 ISO image.
- When you are ready Click the Start button.
- And Click OK to confirm that the USB drive will the erased.
- Once you’ve completed the steps, Rufus will proceed to create the USB bootable media.
Using Media Creation Tool
Also, Microsoft Officially Released Windows media Creation Tool Which helps to download and Create a Bootable USB / Media For windows 10 Installation or Upgrade purpose.
- First Insert The USB Drive to computer
- Download the Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Save the Media Creation Tool.exe file to your desktop and Double click on it to run the Setup.
Accept the Terms and Conditions then on Next screen Select the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC option and click next.
- Now on next screen, the language, architecture, and edition will be selected automatically based on your computer configuration.
- But you can clear the Use the recommended options for this PC option to select the appropriate settings if you’re trying to use the media on another device.
- We recommend to Select Architecture for both, So that we can use the USB for 32 bit and 64-bit windows installation purpose.
- Click Next and Select the USB Flash Drive option.
- Again click Next and Select the removable drive from the list.
That’s all when you click next the Media creation Tool Will Start windows Downloading (it will take time depending on your internet connection speed). After that, you see Creation Windows 10 media. Wait Until 100% Complete the process, Then after finish the process and Now you can use the USB drive for Windows installation or Upgradation purpose.