After an extended month of testing Microsoft has made the latest Windows 10 version 1903 aka may 2019 update available for everyone. This is the seventh Major update includes a new light theme for Windows 10, Windows Sandbox a virtual testing environment, Reserved storage, a separated Cortana search blank, among other improvements. Like previous updates, Microsoft is rolling this one out in stages, and you might not see it instantly on your machine.
“You may not see Download and install now on your device as we are slowly throttling up this availability, while we carefully monitor data and feedback,” Microsoft explains.
Also, the company says that for now at least, the update won’t be automatically installed. This marks a great change from previous Windows 10 feature updates and means that uptake of the May 2019 update is likely to be severely impeded.
As Microsoft explained all compatible devices, connected to Microsoft server receives the notification to install Windows 10 feature update version 1903 When it’s available for you. If you don’t want to wait for Microsoft to roll out the update to your PC, you can take the proactive approach of initiating the download yourself. Here how to manually install Windows 10 903, May 2019 update now.
But before proceeding ahead make sure your system meets minimum system requirements for Windows 10 version 1903.
Microsoft has increased the amount of free space needed to install the May 2019 update to 32 GB, an increase from the 16 GB needed for 32-bit versions and 20 GB for the 64-bit versions, which ZDNet’s Liam Tung called “entirely unrealistic.” Microsoft is also introducing “reserved storage,” allocating 7GB of the disk to ensure that future updates can be installed smoothly.
We recommend make sure your GPU drivers are up to date. The latest driver releases from Nvidia and AMD support the May 2019 update.
Also its highly suggest backing up anything that is considered mission critical (work documents, for example) or too precious to lose, like family photos and the such. And Upload move your important file to an external drive or cloud storage.
Temporarily disable Any Security software such as Antivirus/Anti-malware application if installed.
Force Windows Update install windows 10 1903
The official way to grab the Windows 10 May 2019 Update is to wait for it to automatically appear in Windows Update. But Always you can force your PC to download the Windows 10 Version 1903 via windows update.
- Head over to Windows Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security,
- Following by windows update and Check for updates.
- Check if you see something like Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903, Yes this is may 2019 update click download button.
- This will take a while to download the update files form Microsoft server.
- Here Depending on your Internet speed and your computer hardware, the download times will vary.
- Once the update is downloaded, you will need to restart your device.
- You can choose to restart it instantly or schedule a later time.
- It will take around 15 to 30 minutes to apply the updates.
- After completing the process this will advance your Windows 10 build number to 18362
If you get the message “Your device is up to date“, then your machine is not scheduled to receive the update straight away. Microsoft is using machine-learning system to determine when PCs are ready to receive the update, as part of the update’s phased rollout, so it may be some time before it arrives on your machine. That cause you can use official Windows 10 Update assistant or Media creation tool to install May 2019 update now.
Windows 10 update assistant
If you don’t see Feature update windows 10 version 1903, available while checking via windows update. That cause using Windows 10 Update Assistant is the best way to get the windows 10 1903 now. Otherwise, you will have to wait for Windows Update to Automatically serve the May 2019 Update to you.
- Visit the Microsoft Software download page
- Click the blue Update Now button.
- This will download the Windows 10 Update Assistant.
- Right click on downloaded update assistant.exe and run as administrator.
- Accept it to make changes to your device and click on the Update Now button on the bottom right.
- The assistant will perform basic checks on your hardware
- If everything ok click next, to start the download process.
- It depends on your internet speed, to complete the download process After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- After the update finishes downloading, follow the instructions to restart your PC and complete the installation process.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown.
- You can click the “Restart now” button in the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link in the bottom left to delay it.
- Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
- And after final restart your PC upgrade to windows 10 May 2019 update version 1903.
Media Creation Tool
Also you can use official Windows 10 media creation to manually upgrade to windows 10 1809, its simple and easy.
- Download the Windows 10 media creation tool from the Microsoft download site.
- After download Right click on MediaCreationTool.exe and select run as administrator.
- Accept the terms and conditions in the Windows 10 Setup window.
- Choose the ‘Upgrade this PC now’ option and hit ‘Next’.
- The tool will now download Windows 10, check for updates and prepare for the upgrade, which may take some time, Depends on your internet speed.
- Once this setup is complete you should see a ‘Ready to install’ message in the window. The ‘Keep personal files and apps’ option should be selected automatically, but if it isn’t, you can click ‘Change what you want to keep’ to make your choice.
- Hit the ‘Install’ button and the process should begin. Make sure you have saved and closed any work you have open before hitting this button.
- The update should complete after some time. When it’s finished, the windows 10 version 1903 will be installed on your computer.
Download Windows 10 1903 ISO
If you are an experienced user and want to do a clean install, you can use the link below to download a full ISO image of Windows 10 version 1903 then create physical media (USB drive or DVD) for doing a clean install.
Windows 10 1809 Features
As usual Windows 10 feature upgrade brings new features and improvements to refresh the OS, The May 2019 update also introduce a number of new features that include a long-awaited light theme to Windows 10, Windows Sandbox virtual testing environment for advanced users, Reserved storage, a separated Cortana search and more.
Brand New Light Theme For Windows 10: One of the most visual new features you will find in the latest Windows 1903 is the new “Light Theme” that gives Windows a clean and, well, light look and feel.
Windows Sandbox: One of the best features of Windows 10 1903 Windows Sandbox, a simple way to instantly create a pristine virtual machine, isolated from your main PC, where you can test a program or visit a suspicious website, risk-free. Close the Sandbox and every trace vanishes instantly.
Cortana and Search now two separate features: Another significate change with Windows version 1903 Cortana and Search now two separate features with separate settings, with the latter focusing on voice input and personal assistant tasks.
Reserve Storage: Windows 10 1903 now reserves a certain amount of storage (7GB) for the operating system for use by Windows updates, applications, temporary files and system caches